Monday, May 13, 2013

Still-Life






The sea-glass is from an island off the coast of Maine where my father’s side of the family lives on. We have spent many summer days wandering around the island and happening upon sea glass. The mask is from my trip to Venice, Italy. Venice has amazing masks, but I got this one from a street vendor when I couldn’t find the store I had wanted to look in anymore. The charm bracelet I got after my great great aunt passed away, something from her jewelry box.

I think I was successful in capturing the still-lives in photography. I feel that each picture is simple but effective. I had a more difficult time trying to figure out how to relate the different objects in one still-life so I made different ones with different pieces. I think next time I might try and work more objects into a single still-life, provided that I can make them work together or at least not look super out of place next to each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment